Witan Pacific’s decision too Appoints Baillie Gifford to lead China-only equity investment trust has aroused great interest since the announcement in July.
Shares in the now renamed Baillie Gifford China (BGCG) growth have revalued from a discount of 7% below their net asset value to a premium of 6% above net asset value as investors wondered what Baillie Gifford’s long-term growth fund managers can do in the world’s second largest economy.
Now Citywire, in cooperation with Baillie Gifford, offers you the unique opportunity to learn more about this market development.
We invite you to a one-hour virtual event at November 3rd at 11 a.m. titled “China: The Compelling Growth Story Has Just Begun,” wherever you want Hear directly from new fund managers Sophie Earnshaw and Roderick Snell and ask them about their plans. Please register for free Here.
Chaired by Gavin Lumsden of Citywire, this 60-minute interactive online broadcast begins with an interview with fund managers (see below) about the newly launched investment trust’s offerings.
With the help of an independent, professional asset manager, we will expand the debate to assess the opportunities and risks in China.
Then it’s up to you to answer all of your questions in a Q&A that closes the session.
You can submit your questions when you register or on the day of the program.
Topics to be covered may well include:
- What can this investment trust do that Baillie Gifford’s existing China open-ended fund cannot?
- Where are the most important growth opportunities in China?
- Examples of key companies in which the trust will invest.
- The Challenges of Investing in China’s Stock Market.
- Effects of China’s Growing Place in Global Stock Market Indices.
- Running a business in a vast, one-party state.
- The threat of geopolitics and the US-China trade war is slowing the country’s growth rate.
The fund manager
Roderick Snell is the Citywire AAA-rated manager of Baillie Gifford Pacific Fund he runs with Ewan Markson-Brown, with which he is also working on what is currently the most powerful Pacific horizon ((PHI) Investment Trust.
Your chance to interview Baillie Gifford China Growth managers