Forever 21 filed for bankruptcy protection in September, stating that it would be closing up to 178 stores. That number was later changed to 111 stores.
In a Nov. 14 notice to the California Employment Development Department, the company said it would be shuttering 21 stores in the state, 12 of which are located in Southern California, the Orange County Register reported.
The closures are slated to begin Jan. 5, or within two weeks of that date, the company said.
The 12 SoCal stores include:
- Fashion Island, 1101 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach
- South Bay Galleria, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd. Ste. 188, Redondo Beach
- Montclair Plaza, 5060 Montclair Plaza Lane #2121, Montclair
- 757 Spectrum Center Drive, Irvine
- Pacific View Ventura Mall, 3301 – 1 E Main St. #1260, Ventura
- Puente Hills Mall, 1600 S. Azusa Ave. #106, City of Industry
- The River at Rancho Mirage, 71800 Highway 111 Suite #B19, Rancho Mirage
- The Plant, 7888-2 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys
- Tustin Marketplace, 2856 El Camino Real, Tustin
- 135 N. De Lacey Ave., Pasadena
- 500 N. Euclid St., Anaheim
- 555 The Shops at Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo
It’s estimated that the closures will result in up to 400 people being laid off.
(© Copyright 2019 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. City News Service contributed to this report.)